Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Sheffield or Fully Remote – Hybrid Option – Up to £75,000
ZEREN has partnered with Twinkl, an established EdTech business that is trusted by teaching communities around the world. They provide instant access to a complete range of teaching, planning and assessment materials to support learning at all ages and levels.
You could be the next Senior Software Engineer working on the Twinkl Create self-publishing application. This is an innovative solution that allows their clients to create their own tools to align with their teaching/learning needs.
If you want to see it in action, the Twinkl Create application is available to test out at: www.twinkl.co.uk/create using a 'free' Twinkl account (requires sign-up but does not require payment).
Twinkl understands that great ideas aren't confined to an office. That's why their tech teams embrace a remote-friendly culture, giving you the flexibility to choose where you work best. Whether it's from their HQ in Sheffield, mainly remote or something in-between, they believe that your best work happens when you have the freedom to create your ideal workspace.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on the successful Twinkl Create product used by thousands of users already. You will be building new features to add to the already existing application as well as aiding in a continuous modernisation of the platform in line with the most up-to-date and functional technologies.
As well as this, there is a lot of work ongoing in embedding AI into the product so there is an opportunity to explore AI in this role to optimise its application.
- Jez Seaton – Chief Security and Technology Officer
- Carl Jackson – VP Engineering (joining Jan 2024 from Moonpig)
The Tech Stack
- ReactJS, Redux
Although this is an extensive list, if you do not possess experience in all of these, do not hesitate to apply.
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture. Twinkl believe work should be fun and always put people before the process
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging – their Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- From day 1:
- Westfield Health
- 29 annual leave days per year plus up to four additional days that may be awarded each year by the company
- Flexible working policy with opportunities to work from home
- Twinkl subscription
- Access to a financial wellbeing coach and platform
- After probation there is also a company sick pay and cycle-to-work scheme
- Long-term service reward after 2+ years of service:
- Life insurance
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced adoption pay
This environment is your canvas to explore, innovate, and make an impact. They're not looking for the perfect background; they're looking for passion and a shared vision so if you do not possess all the above, please do not hesitate to apply.
Please complete the form to apply.