Reporting to: CFO
Occasional business travel to overseas locations.
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time.
Staff: Two support analysts based in Shanghai.
Liaison with external Sun Systems business and systems support team. (Hartley Thomas).
Provide Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) leadership across the Intertek Industry Services Division including management of the budgeting and forecasting cycles, as well as daily, weekly, & monthly performance management.
While the points noted below form the core of the role, we expect the ideal candidate to be flexible and supportive of the business needs as they evolve.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and may be amended by the Company at any time.
- FP&A/Business Partnering
- Commercial analysis and business partnering, providing support and challenge, and advising on financial and analysis matters. Supporting the central IS Executive in the development and analysis of strategy, business development activities and investments.
- Assist the Regional FP&A Directors in preparing their budgets, forecasts and performance packs, analysing and commenting on performance calls, presentations and results.
- Central co-ordination, consolidation, and modelling of annual budgets, strategic 5yr plans and in-year forecasts.
- Annual price-book co-ordination of standard prices.
- Contribute to (global) client tenders and quotations and assist in negotiations, providing profitability analysis based on historical performance. Support to develop pricing strategies and perform profitability analysis of services to ensure optimum decisions are made.
- Review and evaluate all investment proposals ensuring ROI is in line with company goals.
- Effective collaboration with Country, Regional and Group Finance to hit required reporting dates.
- Monitoring of agreed action plans.
- Provide customer, market and competitor analysis to assist operations
- Process improvement
- Standardization and ongoing development of monthly reports and ad hoc analysis with quick turnaround and automation where possible.
- Assist development of business Key Performance dashboards and Business Intelligence systems to analyse customer profitability.
- Cost Leadership
- Operating cost control (direct costs & overheads), with approval of overspends – and to deliver margin accretion vs Budget and vs PY.
- Leading Business Line Overhead management and annual recharges.
- High level of forecasting accuracy in weekly cycle for month outlook
- Volume/price/mix analysis
- Site level
- Analysis and pushing down forecasts and targets to site level
- Monitoring of actuals vs targets
- Detailed monthly reviews with sites where forecast accuracy and cost mgt is weak
- Turnaround and restructuring plan on underperforming business
- Cash Leadership
- Working capital
- Monthly drive cash priorities, with structural working capital initiatives
- Clear monthly targets to be cascaded to Operations teams and business units.
- Measure and deliver high quality forecast accuracy
- Detailed WC reduction plans and monthly reviews
- Working capital
- Capital allocation and rigorous business cases
- Budgeted spend prioritised to deliver best returns
- Country portfolio reviews and/or turnaround plans defined ahead of capex spend.
- Controls Excellence
- Monthly review process of Finance Core Mandatory Controls, as required and liaise with Regional FP&A Directors to close out any open items.
- Bertrand Mallet (EVP Industry Services)
- Shelley Ashworth (CFO Industry Services)
- Regional FP&A Directors & Controllers globally
- Group Finance, Regional and Country Shared Service Centres to ensure alignment on budget, forecast and analytics submissions.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 5 yrs post Professional Accounting Qualification. CPA, CIMA, ACCA , ACA etc.
- Experience in commercial finance and analysis (FP&A)
- Able to think strategically and be an effective communicator.
- Highly analytical and accurate with attention to detail
- Passion to problem solve & improve core business systems and processesThe ability to influence across diverse cultures will be critical in engaging the regional teams to improve process and reporting. Provide process leadership to the global team of FP&A Directors & Controllers, as well as Operational Regional Directors.
- Advanced Excel Skills including budget and forecast modelling (e.g. advanced formula, Pivot tables etc.)
- Experience with creating and managing Power BI reports, Power Query and DAX, VBA macro and Python scripts would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Cognos and Sun reporting system experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Mandarin language would be beneficial, but not essential.
THE PERSONAL QUALITIES WE SEEK, EMBODYING OUR INHERENT ENERGIES: HOW WE WORK
- Commercial acumen
- Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions, whilst incorporating company vision when planning
- Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
- Strategic foresight to predict and plan for the future
- Result orientated to ensure our people, customers and strategy are aligned
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
- Be aspirational in shaping yours and the companys future by motivating and energising colleagues in achieving united goals.
- Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
- Highly energised mindset with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually as well as creating an environment for people to grow
- Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- Motivated, self-starter
- Drive performance through setting clear performance expectations
- Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
- Sets a high-performance culture
- Ability to recognise and reward strong individual and team performance
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on analysis of the information presented
- Fosters integrity and honesty
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
Please complete the form to apply.