Commercial Finance Lead
About The Role
In the newly created role of an FP&A Lead, you will play a crucial role in our finance team, responsible for developing budget and multi-year business plan models. You will also oversee the management reporting infrastructure and provide insightful analyses for presentation to the Board. This is an opportunity to leverage your strong quantitative and financial modeling skills to shape FP&A infrastructure and tooling strategy. This is a unique opportunity to bring your expertise into an exciting and fast-paced environment, you will be joining one of the UK’s 10 fastest-growing start-ups.
Working closely with the CFO and wider leadership team, you will be crafting and owning the FP&A strategy, for a company which is already expanding globally. You will be a significant contributor, and your role will evolve as the business remit expands.
- The builder of the FP&A function and team, devising systems that will be integral to providing significant value to the broader team in the future.
- Preparing the budget and multi-year business plan models, ensuring accuracy and alignment with strategic goals.
- Support month-end close process in close partnership with the Accounting team through management of the management reporting models, detailed reporting, variance analysis and insights to the leadership team and Board
- Conducting investment evaluation and ROI analysis (including economics of paid user acquisition).
- Supporting ad-hoc analysis requests as required, providing timely and accurate financial insights.
- Developing the FP&A infrastructure and tooling strategy, ensuring efficient and effective reporting processes.
- Supporting OKR planning with financial insights, helping to align tactical planning with strategic company goals.
- Owner of the Finance dashboarding environment in Holistics , ensuring data accuracy and user-friendly visualisation.
- In time, supporting the business with wider commercial/strategic initiatives, including customer & cohort analysis, country-by-country strategy and pricing decisions.
Key Skills Required…
- Strong quantitative and financial modelling skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Data-savvy mindset, with experience in business intelligence tools (BI) being advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up complex models for FP&A, valuation, or due diligence purposes.
- Good understanding of user acquisition economics and cohort LTV based planning.
- Excellent attention to detail, delivering high-quality work with minimal errors.
- Strong understanding of quality control methodologies to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Proficient in process management, adhering to finance calendars and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while delivering exceptional results.
- Have the ability to teach, train and coach non-financial staff in financial concepts.
- Team player with a “no task is too small” mentality
- ERP experience would be nice to have
We think you'll be a great fit if you…
- You are a Finance leader who is passionate about making a positive impact on the success of the business every day. We want a business partner who likes to operate both hands-on within the daily operation of the business, yet oriented at the long-term course and business goals.
- Previous experience in corporate finance/transaction services consulting, with exposure to due diligence work would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with SQL is valuable but not mandatory.
- Passionate about contributing to a mission-driven company in a collaborative team environment
Why should you apply?
- If you are an Excel wizard with a passion for financial modeling and delivering high-quality analyses, we encourage you to apply
- This is a unique opportunity to set up the FP&A function for a potential future unicorn
- You will have a wide variety of responsibilities and be able to make a real impact on the business
- You will work with a highly motivated team in a growth-oriented culture
- You will be part of a company that is committed to doing the right things and doing things right
- You can work remotely with a high level of autonomy
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Please complete the form to apply.