Principal Consultant (UK Product Team)
What is “Product?” at Zeren? In the Tech world, Product Managers and Product Designers of all levels are responsible for deciding what ‘tech products’ get built, and why. Product people find out what users want and ensure all teams in the business build it to solve that user problem.
You will own and develop a desk of high-profile clients, where you will operate a sophisticated, high touch level of service – placing senior product candidates into the UK’s most exciting tech companies.
With Product still an “up and coming” recruitment function, we are on a mission to become the UK’s most trusted and successful product recruitment partner.
As a Principal Consultant in the Product team, you will bring your expertise and specialise in a group of specific verticals, become ‘world famous’ in your space. From day 1, you will walk into a warm desk of senior searches.
In parallel, we will present you with the opportunity to level up your skills. Are you perhaps looking to:
- Take on more retained work as well as contingent?
- Place more senior roles?
- Work to higher fees?
- Learn how to properly pitch for retained work?
- Manage a small team?
- Surround yourself with a higher calibre team?
- Join a faster growing business?
- Or simply bill more revenue?
…we can offer them all, and more.
You will build a deep and broad network of senior level Product candidates – working with some of the UK’s most exciting tech companies, Founders, CEOs and Product Leaders.
You will do this through leveraging the Zeren client network, our sister company’s network; (Renovata), and your own, high quality business development activity. Here at Zeren, we offer our Consultant’s unprecedented access to some of the world’s most impressive Founders, Investors and C level leaders – the likes other firms just can’t compete with us on.
In this role, you will:
- Run a 360-recruitment desk in the Product Management team, working on predominantly retained projects
- Autonomously run your own senior level retained searches from start to finish
- Where applicable, be supported by our Research function on Director/VP level projects
- Manage and own the recruitment process end-to-end, from BD, Kick-Off right through to Placement
- Develop deep relationships with some of the UK’s most exciting tech companies and leaders
- Build on your knowledge of the Product domain, giving you a cutting edge when pitching for new business and assessing candidates
- Develop your own personal brand within the UK Product landscape
- Work on exclusive and retained searches across first line manager, Director and VP level searches
- Manage your own business develop activities, generating your own clients along with taking on internally referred work
What we are looking for in you:
- 5+ years’ total experience as a 360 Consultant in a recruitment agency
- 2+ years’ experience in placing Product Manager, UX/UI or Product Design roles
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to hold your own with intelligent, fast paced individuals
- Proven experience in Business Development activity that generated tangible results for many years
- A solid track record in YoY billing performance
- A deep understanding of the recruitment process (from Kick-Off to Placement)
- A keen attitude with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- A caring, hardworking attitude that will go the extra mile
- Someone who is looking to be part of a growth journey
- Good levels of self-awareness, humility, and care
- A willingness to learn, develop and have a lot of fun along the way
Here at Zeren – you should expect to truly leverage your craft in a hyper growth, low ego environment – surrounded by wildly successful, supportive, and talented people. We are building a new and exciting team of hard working, specialist recruiters who take pride and real care in what they do.
If you want to join one of the fastest growing recruitment businesses in the UK and work with some of the most cutting-edge businesses, then Zeren is for you.
Zeren is a leading global executive search and recruitment company, with offices across the USA, UK and Europe. We work with clients across the Technology landscape, empowering change makers from Venture Capital backed start-ups, through Private Equity owned businesses and supporting global brands with digital and tech transformations. Our functionally aligned teams partner with these clients to deliver Executive Search mandates, Team Building projects and Interim & Consulting solutions so they can achieve their ambitions and goals. We are part of Renovata & Company, the global Private Equity Advisory and Executive Search platform.
We are on a mission to empower the world's change makers. We are always looking to hire amazing people from Associate to Director level across the USA, UK and Europe. Please get in touch to find out more.