VP People & Culture
VP People & Culture
Hotjar started in 2014 as one of a handful of remote-first companies. Nearly seven years later, we’ve scaled every aspect of the company. Today we are 250 people strong spread across more than 40 countries (and growing – we’ll end 2022 with roughly 320 people). We are a values-based company that takes great pride in the amazing team we’ve built and all they’ve accomplished.
We view these accomplishments as just one step on an infinite journey. Every day we need to get better and question how we work, how we relate to each other, and how we can create more value for our team and customers.
As the VP of People & Culture, your mission is to ensure Hotjar’s worldwide team has the environment and opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact from the moment they start working at Hotjar until the time they leave the company. To accomplish this, you’ll need to grow and lead our human-centered People team while fostering and strengthening our culture across the company. We are seeking a strategic leader who excels in relationship building, pays attention to details, manages systems, and is results-oriented.
In this role, you will serve on Hotjar’s Senior Executive Team and report to our COO. You’ll have a dedicated budget to work closely with leaders throughout the company to build, mature and own initiatives across areas such as talent acquisition, employment strategies, people operations, engagement and retention, career development, compensation and benefits, employee experience, people success, and remote work.
- Develop and execute all aspects of a human-centered People & Culture strategy that supports our continued growth and long-term purpose while providing an incredible employee experience
- Advocate for and drive our Culture. Enable strong connections and open lines of communication throughout the company to further our culture and become a force multiplier of our values
- Ensure we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and employment options. Scaling a remote team across a diverse landscape presents unique challenges. You’ll own maturing our compensation philosophy and executing our employment strategy in alignment with local laws, regulations, and cultural needs
- Monitor, report, and take action on appropriate metrics, success criteria, and methods to evaluate the ongoing success of the People division, their initiatives, and various health KPIs of our team
- Lead, mature, and grow the People function. Hire and build a high-performing team that meets or exceed our ever-evolving needs
- An experienced People Executive who has owned and scaled a broad range of functions in high-growth environments with an extensive track record of delivery (ideally within companies of 300 to 500+ people)
- Proven track record of building and retaining highly effective and impact-driven People-based teams by utilizing well-honed leadership qualities
- Prioritization. There’s no shortage of work to be done and change occurs frequently. You’ll continuously decide what work to do and more importantly what work to ignore in order to meet business needs
- Understanding and appreciation for cultural differences and diversity. A passionate and pragmatic champion of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated business acumen and a strong voice at the senior executive level, advocating for people solutions that align with business goals
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry trends and employment matters to ensure compliance. Identifies trends that could positively and/or negatively impact the organization's objectives
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
Please complete the form to apply.