Vice President of Engineering (m/f/d)
The client we are working with is on a mission to provide security and privacy without compromise. They want to empower their customers to collaborate and communicate securely – protecting their people and their assets.
The client looks to empower its people to foster a diverse, inclusive, and open culture where everybody can speak up.
- Customer centric
With the latest funding they are now scaling their business and growing the team. For this journey we are looking for a Vice President of Engineering
The Vice President of Engineering will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee all activities in the Engineering team, ensuring the development and implementation of product features, infrastructure & operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the company. The VP of Engineering is responsible for the quality of the product, meeting the timelines of the delivery, retaining and developing a high-performance engineering team.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management staff in the team.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the team.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of product roadmaps and implementation plans together with the CPO and in alignment with the product council.
- Conducts or acquires cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed within budget and in an economical manner.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and development initiatives.
- Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organization’s industry.
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization; coordinates and implements contractors’ work, and resolves any disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English mandatory and preferably in German.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong team/ collaboration mindset
- Value and purpose oriented leadership style
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; MBA preferred.
- At least five years of related experience required, preferably in IT security industries
- Expert in handling complex, innovative and critical SW projects
- Experienced in state-of-the-art, agile SW development methodologies
Please complete the form to apply.