Vice President of Customer Success
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 small and medium sized retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. An experience where customers feel valued, rather than just another number.
It’s been an incredible two years for LoyaltyLion. We closed $12.5m early last year and another $12m this year, and we’ve grown from 40 employees to over 100. We’ve built out our Leadership team, recruiting a CTO, CFO and Director of Product amongst other senior hires and we continue to scale quickly, achieving spots in both the Deloitte Fast 50 and the FT1000. This is just the beginning of our inflection point.
You’ll be helping our global customer base of 10,000+ merchants and entrepreneurs to grow their businesses. Leading an established Customer Success team of 20 (who are consistently identified as one of the key reasons that we win and retain customers) you’ll build our tech. touch efforts from the ground up, accelerate our international CS team footprint and empower the team to become loyalty thought leaders!
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Developing, communicating and embedding a multi-year strategic plan that is rooted in a deep understanding of GRR, NRR, LTV, COGS as well as the company strategy and our customers needs
- Levelling-up our Customer Success automations such that we are able to provide an ‘always on’ CS model that proactively surfaces the right support/info to the right merchants at the right time
- Leading the company to a clearer understanding of its current performance (both areas of over-performance and under-performance) for key CS metrics and why results are as they are
- Support the existing team (20+ people) to rapidly develop and grow and when/where necessary attract the best talent to the company
- Maximise team productivity through a deep understanding of how to get the best out of people with a variety of motivations, working styles and preferences
- Create a strong performance culture, setting clear objectives, career pathways and holding people accountable for delivery
- Line managing the team, conducting regular 1-1s and team meetings, ensuring decisions, plans, goals are shared, and that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Lead by example when necessary, by taking a hands-on approach with businesses, demonstrating to your direct reports what best-in-class looks like both in terms of operational effectiveness and client communication
- Supporting the business on a ongoing basis to better understand our customers
Consistently monitoring and reporting on team progress to the Snr. Leadership team and directly to the Board
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience as Director/VP Customer Success experience from a high growth SaaS business
- Proven experience owning the design and execution of a multi-year CS strategy that is routed in a deep understanding of the unit economics that support CS
- Experience working with a customer base in the thousands
- Compelling evidence of having built automations that have an outsized impact on the CS organisation (e.g. Higher GRR, improved Gross Margin, improved NPS…)
- Managed CS teams of 20+ for multiple years, ideally across multiple locations
- Can clearly evidence significant and sustained improvements in key CS metrics and explain how these improvements were directly linked to the overall strategy
- Ability to sift through large amounts of (sometimes conflicting!) data to generate high-return insights that form the bedrock of your decision making
- Able to prove the significant development of others within previous teams. We want to see individuals you’ve previously managed having really moved fast in their careers
- Experience transitioning CS CRMs
- Proven ability to work at Board level
What we offer:
We are currently operating on a hybrid model, with a mix of home and office-based work from our new HQ on Fleet Street!
In addition to this we offer:
• Join at a major inflection point – eCommerce is booming and with it, the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
• Macbook, magic keyboard, and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
• Remote and flexible working
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 5 days holiday over into the next holiday year
• Company days out and events, and team socials
• Home office budget
• Cycle scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Private medical insurance
Please complete the form to apply.