Software Web Engineer
Software (Web) Engineer
Technology – The Times
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are
an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing
moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more
than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday
Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company
boasting independent local and national radio stations including Virgin Radio, talkSPORT
and Times Radio.
The Times & Sunday Times, we develop and enhance the Times and
Sunday Times digital products, including our core website and including a portfolio of
additional titles such as Times Literary Supplement, Travel, Style and Beauty, working in
partnership with internal and external digital platform teams.
- Web Software Engineer. You’ll play an important role within a delivery team producing quality software.
- This is a Senior role requiring you to show proactivity, initiative, excellent teamwork and good judgement.
- You will help define, implement and continuously improve software feature delivery, working with colleagues in DevOps to streamline and automate as much as possible.
- You’ll work in an agile environment with Lead Engineers, product teams and business analysts to ensure that solutions are technically feasible, scalable and maintainable.
- You’ll collaborate with your peers across QA, DevOps and engineering both in London and further afield to advocate a test-driven, continuous delivery approach and evangelise the importance of value driven solutions for the end user.
You’ll find these skills useful in this role:
- A solid understanding of continuous development methodologies, principles and
- A collaborative and engaging approach to team-driven outcomes
- A willingness to broaden your knowledge by learning new skills, tools and approaches
What we’re looking for from you:
- You’re a Web Software Engineer with a background in user-facing, transactional websites at scale. A professional who can make the right judgement calls based on a sound knowledge of industry best-practices and current standards.
- Your experience has covered the core skills needed for this role, including UI
- Development with React, APIs with GraphQl or REST,
- Exposure to TDD, load, performance, security and infrastructure considerations is a
- You are familiar with using CI/CD tooling such as CircleCI and GitHub.
- You’re familiar with Cloud Technologies such as AWS, and understand tooling and how
- it fits into development workflows
- We love knowledge sharing, and you’ll feel comfortable raising issues and discussing
- solutions with the wider team
What’s in it for you?
We are a diverse and dynamic team that is expanding.
Culture and respect are at the heart of everything we do.
We have a well-positioned office, a flexible working pattern and a great team environment. We’ll help you deliver your best work and grow you with career and personal development through training, conferences and courses.
- The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and all applicants for employment.
- It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
- We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
- This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
Please complete the form to apply.