Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Imagine working for a Remote First company, that provides an all-expenses paid Retreat (every quarter) for you to catch up with colleagues in a sociable way, where you can join in lots of activities, and talk about the next innovative projects you will be working on!
Add to Event is an award-winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Trustpilot Reviews.
We envision a world where anyone can organise their dream event. In minutes, not months. We believe that we can radically simplify the process of finding, booking and managing event suppliers which will lead to better events throughout the world, from fantastic festivals to wonderful weddings.
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time, as we transition our customers from a large monolith to microservice oriented architecture. As part of this project, we have already rebuilt applications including our core marketplace, taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies to deliver a best-in-class app for both event organisers and suppliers.
You will be responsible for helping us scale the existing project by rolling out new features & enhancing the customer experience.
You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to research and write code at the heart of the company's key deliverables, a challenging but exciting job. You'll have an opportunity to enhance your skills utilising the latest in cloud computing such as serverless and managed cloud services.
Add to Event uses a range of modern technologies including but not limited to:
- NestJS — An opinionated framework for developing backend microservices in Node.JS/Typescript
- Angular — Frontend Typescript framework, enhanced with NGRX + RXJS
- Stencil.js Web components — Building agnostic, testable front-end components
- Terraform – Managing our infrastructure in code
- Google Kubernetes Engine — Hosting and scaling our microservices
- Prioritise, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle and across a full stack
- Review, test and debug team members' code whilst ensuring your adherence to secure coding standards and best practices
- Work as part of a cross disciplinary team, coaching, and helping to communicate ideas and work done to the wider team
- Work closely with the product team to establish requirements for new features, solutions and enhancements
- Help to plan the development of our products through technical analysis and evaluation of architectural needs
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver high quality working software with measurable impact.
- You will independently identify the right solutions to solve ambiguous, open-ended problems. You will be keen on learning new skills, broadening your knowledge, and willing to work across a full-stack
- You will have experience working with key stakeholders, working collaboratively to deliver high quality working software with measurable impact
- Have 2+ Years experience with GCP
- Passion for building and maintaining user-facing features
- Innovative and comfortable leading change
- Considerable experience writing self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in node.js
- Docker knowledge
- Extensive experience with SQL & NoSQL databases
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with Git and CI processes
- Experience working with and defining Rest APIs
- Security conscious, knowledgeable of best practices around building secure applications
- Quality-led approach to development (TDD and BDD)
- Great communication skills
- Work hard, take breaks – 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working – we are a remote-first organisation believing in asynchronous working practices. You won't find back-to-back Zoom meetings here!
- Generous parental leave policies to support you as your family grows.
- Company pension that allows you to save for the future.
- Equipment – We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook, monitor, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
- Learning and development – we fully support your professional development, whether that's paying for new tools, books, courses or coaches.
- Mental health support – we want to ensure everyone in the company has the access they need to mental health support so we provide free access to therapy sessions via Spill.
- Regular socials – we're a social bunch, that’s why we invest in bringing the team together through regular socials and annual employee retreats. Check out our first annual retreat here. (Link)
Please complete the form to apply.