Head of Product
Zeren are partnering with an exciting Insurtech startup who have raised $17m at Series A are looking for a Senior Product Manager who has ambitions of being Head of Product in the next 12-18 months.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with Commercial, Insurance, Product and Technology leadership to deﬁne our product, proposition and platform strategy
- Run workshops with experts across the organisation, including customer success, sales, insurance and the senior leadership
- Initiate and lead engagements with multiple technology and service partners.
- Work closely with our customers to gather insights, and deliver on a robust customer centric product roadmap
- Work with other Product Managers to ensure all parts of our product work well together
- Work with designers and engineers to deliver solutions you’ve deﬁned and needs fueling major platform upgrades.
- Working with other business leaders to sequence major upgrades into steps which will be scheduled by the delivery team.
- Researching, shortlisting and evaluating key partner solutions / technologies
- Build unique Intellectual Property that provides our customers and our shareholders with maximum value long-term, whilst being pragmatic and identifying opportunities to leverage third-party technology when it makes sense to do so
- Competitive benchmarking incumbents and new entrants
- Know our customers and brokers inside out through ﬁrst hand engagement as well as research. become a thought leader in ﬂeet insurance, improving driver safety and digitising claims processing. Communicate this thought leadership regularly, both internally and externally
Skills and Experience
- You are an ambitious and highly pragmatic product leader who has a passion for creating measurable value through working and aligning efforts across all parts of the business – you enjoy working with diverse people and are a natural networker.
- You have a spread of experience ranging across new propositions, products/services and platforms.
- You’ve led digital customer products/services as well as platforms, exposed through web and apps. Preference for people with experience across insurance platforms, driving data, risk and ﬂeet management.
- You are commercially experienced and are able to connect company-level commercial targets with your prioritisation efforts and the prioritisation of other people across different functions. Preferably this would include pricing, business cases and cost management experience.
- You are customer focussed and led by customer demand pull vs. supply side push.
- You’ve managed multiple product life cycles end-to-end (from inception and discovery through delivery, analysis and continuous improvement). You’ve worked as a product manager for at least 5 years.
- You’re an experienced practitioner of product management who can break down “customer value creation” and pen outcome oriented initiatives, releases, epics and stories.
- You have released several software products to market and have experience of what good looks like including product launch, embedding clear acceptance criteria across teams and steering user acceptance testing.
- You’ve led Build/Buy/License evaluations, been involved in procurement and partner negotiations, eventually leading partner delivery.
- You are naturally organized and are known for being able to spin multiple plates at the same time. Your team members often rely on you to know where things are at.
- You are an excellent listener and communicator. You naturally bridge technical and business stakeholders. You understand the language of engineers, but can faithfully articulate key complex concepts to non-technical individuals.
Please complete the form to apply.