Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
EDX is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join its Engineering Department, responsible for building the next generation digital assets platform. In this position you will collaborate with stakeholders, get to know the ins and outs of the digital asset space, and get to contribute on building an entire platform from the ground up. The position will report to the Head of Engineering.
EDX is a digital assets exchange and clearinghouse created in collaboration between US retail wealth managers and market makers for secure and compliant trading and clearing of digital assets, which is bringing best practices from existing markets to crypto (e.g., segregation of duties to reduce conflicts of interest between a market maker and an exchange) while mitigating the conflicts of interest in current digital asset markets.
• Architect and implement high-quality APIs, performant and reliable features and services based on functional requirements within aggressive time frames
• Collaborate with fellow engineers and the product team in an agile environment to design and coordinate the development and testing of new features
• Identify, test and propose improvements to the existing infrastructure for maintainability and scalability, and to accelerate functionality and performance
• Participate in task breakdown and estimations, code reviews, bug fixes and deployment preparation
• Development of complex, reliable, maintainable and scalable backend systems with emphasis on REST APIs with clean quality code
• Object Oriented Programming experience with Java/Kotlin and Spring Boot (C++/C# also acceptable)
• Excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques
• Ability to investigate and debug problems if/when they occur across multiple code bases
• Start-up-comfort: wear many hats in a fast-paced environment, willing and eager to learn and design new technologies; must be flexible in approach
• Structured thinker, effective communicator with the ability to contribute to design dialogues as well as initiate questions to achieve clarity when needed
• Java/C++ or other Object-Oriented programming languages
• Relational Databases (Postgres)
• REST APIs and Microservices Architecture
• Cloud hosting knowledge (AWS or GCP)
Please complete the form to apply.