Lead Python Engineer
Lead Python Engineer
GBP 110-140k; ~0.6% equity
Argus, a Y Combinator fintech, is hiring a Lead Python Engineer to join and lead engineering at their early-stage RegTech. Their product is the first employee trade compliance software for both securities and digital assets. After experiencing the challenges of compliance as junior employees, they set out to build something better for everyone. In just over a year, they’ve been through Y Combinator, and raised a seed round from CRV (partner Anna Khan) and incredible fintech operators like Tom Blomfield co-founder of Monzo, Laura Spiekerman co-founder of Alloy, Charlie Delingpole co-founder of ComplyAdvantage, Nicky Goulimis co-founder of Nova Credit, Esteban Castano co-founder of TRM Labs, and Diogo Monica co-founder of Anchorage. Now they’re growing rapidly month over month both in customers and in revenue and shaping the compliance industry. They’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal and soon on CNBC. They’re a small, diverse team of builders looking for someone awesome.
You love building. And it sounds cool to build an early-stage company where you’ll work closely with the founders and have a lot of white space to shape. You’re excited about compliance to make the world fairer and personal investing easier. Plus you want to have outsized impact: you’ll ship code to thousands of users in your first month.
- 4+ years of experience, with some leadership/management experience
- Deep Python background (Flask is a nice-to-have)
- A problem-solving mind, able to and enjoys the challenge of taking ambiguity and turning it into results
- At least one of:
- React experience
- AWS experience
- Docker experience
Benefits & Logistics
On top of salary and equity for every member of the team, you’ll have private healthcare and unlimited vacation. Plus they’re a hybrid company with an office near King’s Cross – they’ll ask you to come in 3 days/week most weeks but are super flexible about weeks remote.
In addition to their mission, four values define them as a company and a culture:
1. High growth: they’re growing quickly – you need to be ready for the ride!
2. High ownership: you are responsible for your work and can drive it to success.
3. High pace: they work hard and move fast.
4. High integrity: they are always honest (both interpersonally and intellectually) with each other and with their customers, including the US government. This allows a caring culture of debate.
Please complete the form to apply.