Interim VP Product, MarTech, UK
Interim VP Product
A global social loyalty framework for ecommerce is urgently looking for an exceptional Interim VP of Product with proven experience in scaling SMB focussed B2B SaaS products to execute their 6-month roadmap as they scale their product function and begin their retained search for a permanent hire. The business is experiencing consistent year on year growth across both their customer base and employee size and are projected to significantly increase their ARR by the end of 2022 and beyond. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to help both build and scale their product function and prepare for their next phase of growth as the continue to scale across Europe and the US.
With a mission to help SMB business thrive in the age of Amazon, their vision is to make relationships the foundation of ecommerce. By helping SMBs succeed, they help people like them – people who are following their passions to build and create something new. The company are a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform that unlock real insights to build a better understanding of what drives longer-lasting customer relationships and accelerate your existing product efforts. Proven to increase customer lifetime value, they are trusted by thousands of fast-growth ecommerce merchants worldwide.
You will be a pro-active product leader and partner to the CTO and VP of Engineering as well as the wider executive team and on all strategic and operational product initiatives that contribute to the broader success of the business, including serving as a sounding board for the CTO and CEO. As the successful Interim VP of Product, you will ccontribute to the creation and help drive the execution of the product roadmap by building an exceptional team and scaling the delivery of product across the business.
Other duties will include elevating and developing the current world class product team and function that becomes a true business partner to all areas of the company and truly understand how to increase their merchant reach which is currently in the thousands with 10-12 million customers having access to their product. You will be strategic in prioritising the essential over the exciting and pragmatic in creating an immediate impact without changing what is already working.
This role will have a huge impact on the business right from the start – as the critical partner for product leadership, enabling revenue acceleration and growing technical efficiencies by providing best practice methodologies, leaner processes, and industry leading product management tools.
- To understand and deliver the product vision for all their core business in collaboration with senior leadership
- Develop and build the product function (leading the product and propositions, insights and CX team); ensuring the team is setup for success, is constantly evolving, up-levelling, and growing into tomorrow’s product leaders
- Deeply understand all customers (both consumer and corporate) and the wider market context
- Determine the most appropriate product development processes from ideation through to implementation, learning and iterating to drive experimentation
- Execute the product roadmap, setting objectives and key results, ensuring they are met
- Work with their senior leaders to implement and develop innovative product launches which are aligned to their go-to-market strategy
- Lead and line manage the product management team responsible for evolving product innovation and developing new product lines which will drive growth
- Own the partner relationships for their offering and determine how to deepen and evolve these relationships as well as identifying additional partners
- Be accountable for the user experience success of their products through multiple channels and the results they bring
- Build a culture to be proud of, and making sure people know about it – to attract new talent, shaping and creating their products, and influencing ways of doing things for the better
- Think creatively to deliver first class solutions that create value across the product segments
- Partner with business leaders to develop new approaches to delivering growth customer loyalty and retention
- Get buy-in from the leadership team and wider organisation – outlining how investment opportunities are expected to increase the positive impact to their customers and drive business growth
- Purpose driven B2B SMB focused business with a vision to make relationships the foundation of commerce and create the best customer experience
- YoY growth with 80 people in the organisation
- VC backed business with £22.5M in recent investment and a fast-paced environment
- Excellent growth path, using their recent investment to develop the team and expand their merchant/customer footprint
- A low/no ego learning and development culture
- Excellent investors in people with social initiatives and wellbeing at the top of their agenda
Desired skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in B2B SMB focused markets with ownership of product management in a digital context in a previous role
- Able to understand quickly and buy into a truly ambitious product vision allied with pragmatism to ensure things get done
- The ability to build a consensus across the business around a vision
- Working across a complex and evolving product set which includes merchant partnerships at the core of the experience
- Building customer led organisations, identifying customer pain points, and rapidly iterating to solve these
- Making data driven decisions, understanding the detail, and following the evidence wherever it may lead
- Excellent track record delivering significant growth, through the introduction of new customers and new sources of profitable revenue
- Outstanding commerciality and business development skills
- Clear ability to lead cross functional teams and established track record of working cross functionally at all levels
- Mentoring, retaining, attracting, and hiring diverse product talent to build an exceptional product team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record of liaising at all levels and building credible relationships with key stakeholders
To apply for this opportunity, please reply to this advert or email your CV to Jennifer.email@example.com
Please complete the form to apply.