Insights Analyst (Customer & Commercial)
Insights Analyst (Customer & Commercial)
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Legal & General, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional and small cap investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers. This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team and Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team). SiS supplies more than 100 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
The ambition of the Company is to exceed £100m in revenues in the next three years, with >70% of revenue from digital channels and a similar proportion of revenue derived from International markets. A key growth focus is Online, through our Magento-based phd.com and scienceinsport.com platform, together with a substantial Amazon & T-Mall business.
The business enjoys healthy gross margins given its vertically integrated model, product mix and channel mix. A new state of the art factory is planned to open in 2021. A significant percentage of net revenue is invested in brand equity and performance marketing, to drive the high revenue growth levels.
This role will be reporting directly into the Head of Data and Insights. This is an exciting opportunity to integrate an ambitious cross-functional Data team, that is part of SIS Technology.
Data is key, and we aim to provide the best solutions to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. We make the best use of the immense and diverse volume of our data to drive our business growth. Positioned as central for the SIS strategy, our team works across the whole areas of the business, from Marketing and Commercial (B2C/B2B, online and offline channels), to Technology, Customer Service, Production and Distribution.
On joining our ambitious team, the Insights Analyst will be the go-to person for on-line cross-brand customer, commercial, market data and insight. Will be working closely to our in-house Commercial, Growth Marketing, Product and Brand teams, and be part of the wider data initiatives that involve big data engineering, machine learning, impactful data visualisation (dashboards) and deep-dive analytics.
We are thrilled to you to join us in this journey, where there will be plenty of opportunities to drive initiatives, have impact within the business and develop as an analyst.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Using data to tell stories, promoting a better understanding our customer, and supporting/driving Marketing/Commercial/Customer Service/Platform Digital teams BAU and initiatives.
- Delivery of the best data to drive acquisition, retention, channel performance, conversion, sales and ROI, as well as knowledge on customer journey, LTV, RFM.
- Working with stakeholders to constantly improve and ensure accuracy of data and KPIs.
- Collaborating with the Data team colleagues (data engineers and data scientists) with requirements for a fully managed the cloud Data Warehouse pipeline; Data Collection (Tagging, Pixels), Integration (ETL), Manipulation (BigQuery) & Visualisation (PowerBI/Excel).
- Ensuring full Digital journey is tracked correctly and efficiently, from link tagging to digital marketing campaign mapping and naming structures.
- Keeping up with industry trends in Digital Analytics to ensure to best business solutions are in place.
Experience and Skillset:
- Minimum 3 years in analytical role, a thirst for analysing and drawing insights from data
- Expertise in Web Analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- Experience with testing tags and data layer of website, app and campaign tracking to ensure consistent, accurate capture of data (build, track, QA, debug and manage tags, pixels, etc)
- Strong SQL capabilities – experience on writing and automating queries
- Experience with working with data warehouses/data lakes (E.g. BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Data visualisation in PowerBI strongly preferred, or other visualization platforms (E.g. Tableau, QlikView)
- Business, numerical or social science related degree
- Experience with R or Python (Pandas, etc)
- Experience working within an agency/in-house analytics marketing team preferred
- Experience pulling data and insights from digital marketing platforms (E.g. Facebook, Bing, Criteo)
- Experience in Google Tag Manager or other tag management system (Tealium IQ, Adobe Launch)
Please complete the form to apply.