GCP Data Engineer
Responsible for ensuring the business makes better decisions through collection and usage of data. Ensures business data and analysis requirements are met by properly applying data concepts, including data structures, collection and cleansing, and structured and unstructured data analysis and reporting. Ability to work on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and help support the GCP environment by building and deploying enterprise scale applications in support of our work with the client – one of the largest tech companies in the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs ad-hoc, strategic analysis of structured and unstructured data across multiple data sources for the real estate portfolio of a large technology company in the Silicon Valley.
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, cleanse, and standardize data in order to generate insights and address reporting needs.
- Planning, deploying and configuring of Virtual Private Cloud VPC environments in Google Cloud Platform that include Big Query, Pub Sub, Dataflow, Document AI, NLP, BigTable, ML, IOT Core, Vision API,, Cloud Storage, Dialogflow, Cloud Composer, and others
- Leveraging GCP and other development tools: Cloud SDK, Client Libraries, Angular, Spring Framework and more
- Ensuring seamless availability/reliability of GCP-based operations
- Exhibits analytical rigor, judgment, and ability to present a comprehensive 'data story' to multiple levels of the organization. Is well versed in data visualization and UX techniques that encourages fact-based, productive discussions.
- Utilizes programming and analytical tools, including open source programs including intermediate SQL or similar relational database tools to formulate models and/or extract insights. Well versed in knowledge of creating algorithms, identifying patterns and insights from structured and unstructured data sets utilizing graphs, trees and/or other data representation techniques as required.
- Identifies and troubleshoots data integration and integrity issues in cooperation with the appropriate CBRE business units; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Develops ad-hoc analytics and reporting based on analysis of existing data sources, utilizing a variety of tools (e.g., Plx, Google Data Studio).
- Other Duties as Assigned
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Certifications related to Google Cloud are considered a plus but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate experience with Plx, Google Data Studio or similar data visualization tools and intermediate SQL.
Proficient in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) and/or Microsoft Office Suite. Strong analytical skills.
Considered a plus for:
- Skilled in creating, modifying and implementing business requirements documents (BRD).
- Understanding of data warehouse fundamentals.
- System architecture experience.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Please complete the form to apply.