Director of Technology
We are excited to be partnered with Open Energi, a UK ClimateTech start up, focused on building digital solutions to enable energy transition. Part of Launchpad, BPs scale up factory, which has a mission to invest in a disruptive portfolio of start-up businesses, OE is now ready to scale and help drive the clean energy directive. They now require a Director of Technology to be the most technical person in the business under the CEO.
It is an exciting time to join, as the business has a strong track record with optimising asset classes in the UK, in relation to enabling green energy participation in the UK grid, and are going form good to great. The opportunity is to build and scale a global optimisation capability for integrated renewables and green hydrogen, which is going to be one of the major carbon free vectors of the future, along with scaling their Technology and Product teams – consisting of Data Scientists and Software Engineers.
– Experience with scaling a technology team (ideally cross functional – Engineering, Data Science – there experience within Engineering and ideally Data Science or ML would be advantageous)
– Excellent management experience, knowing how to hire, retain and scale talent
– Experience and knowledge of developing, deploying, and scaling a complex digital platform
– Knowledge of creating new customer experiences, new capabilities, integrating with new devices ideally for larger enterprise customers would be advantageous
– Ideally a mix of experience from corporate/enterprise (as you will be building relationships with corporate customers and within BP) as well as start-up experience to help drive OEs mission and carve a path that hasn’t existed previously
Please complete the form to apply.