Director of Engineering
Location: London / Hybrid
Synthace is a cloud-based experiment platform that enables life sciences R&D teams to do what would otherwise be impossible. It helps scientists innovate faster by automating high throughput experiments, structuring complex datasets, and allowing them to use powerful methodologies—like Design of Experiments—all within their browser.
The Synthace platform fundamentally transforms and improves the relationship between what scientists can imagine and what they can actually do in their lab. Instead of spending hours working with pen, paper and pipettes, they can spend that time focused on answering the questions that will solve humanity’s most pressing problems.
We’re proud of the group of exceptional people in our team that hail from over 25 countries (so far). We value the knowledge and different perspectives and insights that come from having a truly diverse group of amazing colleagues. We’re united in our passion for changing the world by unlocking the true potential of the life sciences.
Scientists in 7 out of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies are now using Synthace and, following our latest $35M Series C funding round last year, we are looking to grow as we continue to revolutionise the life science industry.
Watch this video to see what we're building: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KJYIms6cuA
We are looking for someone who is driven by making a positive impact, and is passionate about building great product development teams and solving complex problems. You will be focused on hiring and developing world-class engineering talent, nurturing your teams’ health and putting them in the best position to achieve their ambitious goals. You will help develop engineering craftsmanship and the product development culture at Synthace. You will own the delivery of our products and commitments to our customers, collaborating with other functions to help us achieve our business goals.
What you will be accountable for
- Driving the recruitment of top engineering talent
- Helping engineers and engineering managers to build their experience, develop their craft and further their career
- Measuring and improving the motivation of the engineering team
- Implementing technical and process improvements to enable product delivery and support our product development objectives
- Measuring and improving the quality, security, and performance of our products
What will set you up for success
- You know how to approach a new domain and industry, and to stay forever curious as we explore our problem space.
- You can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail required by the technicality of our products and the complexity of our product development. We work on complex problems where details matter: biology, robots, changing behaviours…
- You have a track record of working with Enterprise customers and delivering Enterprise products. You care deeply about your customers and users, you know how to navigate scoping discussion, you know how to say “no” and how to deliver an amazing service.
Why join Synthace
- To help solve humanity’s most pressing problems
- Work with genuinely extraordinary people
- Open, collaborative, and friendly culture
- Challenging, groundbreaking and exciting work
- Chance to be a part of the 'fourth industrial revolution, helping to create tools and systems that allow scientists to do things like cure cancer faster!
- Compensation: Competitive salary/salary range, equity offering, 10% pension company contribution
- Health and wellbeing: Bupa private healthcare, 25 days holiday, a quarterly day off to focus on wellbeing, 1 day a year for volunteering, enhanced parental leave, breakfast and snacks in the office and plenty of social events.
- Location: We are a hybrid company, which means you can work from our state of the art office in West London and from home.
- DEI: We are an inclusive workplace with 25+ different nationalities working together. We value different perspectives and feel diversity enables us to make better decisions, not to mention giving us plenty of opportunities to celebrate each other’s cultures and traditions
Please complete the form to apply.