Digital Analytics Engineer
Digital Analytics Engineer
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Legal & General, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional and small cap investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers. This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team and Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team). SiS supplies more than 100 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
The ambition of the Company is to exceed £100m in revenues in the next three years, with >70% of revenue from digital channels and a similar proportion of revenue derived from International markets. A key growth focus is Online, through our Magento-based phd.com and scienceinsport.com platform, together with a substantial Amazon & T-Mall business.
The business enjoys healthy gross margins given its vertically integrated model, product mix and channel mix. A new state of the art factory is planned to open in 2021. A significant percentage of net revenue is invested in brand equity and performance marketing, to drive the high revenue growth levels.
This role will be reporting directly into the Head of Data and Insights. This is an exciting opportunity to integrate an ambitious cross-functional Data team, that is part of SIS Technology.
Data is key, and we aim to provide the best solutions to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. We make the best use of the immense and diverse volume of our data to drive our business growth. Positioned as central for the SIS strategy, our team works across the whole areas of the business, from Marketing and Commercial (B2C/B2B, online and offline channels), to Technology, Customer Service, Production and Distribution.
On joining our ambitious team, the Digital Analytics Engineer will be the go-to person for digital data, MarTech, and overall digital data integration and owner of our Tealium platform (CDP, AudienceStream and EventStream). Will be working closely to our in-house Tech team and collaborate on a regular basis with Commercial, Growth Marketing, Product and Brand teams. Will also be part of the wider data initiatives that will involve big data engineering, machine learning, data visualisation (dashboards) and deep-dive analytics.
We are thrilled to you to join us in this journey, where there will be plenty of opportunities to drive initiatives, have impact within the business and develop as an analyst.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own the setup and ongoing maintenance of our Tealium products from TMS (TiQ), AudienceStream and EventStream
- Setup and test audiences (CDP), and data flow/events (EventStream) as required by the wider business
- Manage the setup of Adobe Analytics and lead implementation and deployment across different platforms
- Support Data layer enhancement and Analytics libraries, either from requirements perspective or through TMS and custom code if required
- Data integration via API into data lake (Big Query, Snowflake, etc), Pixel tagging
- Provide front and back-end data using the suite of tools available and process to drive commercial and customer insight improvements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and digital insight analysts to understand business measurement requirements, translating them into comprehensive analytics tracking solutions across front and back-end systems.
- Providing post-release support and managing Testing, QA, auditing and debugging of Analytics
Experience and Skillset:
- Extensive experience in the web analytics domain and strong hands-on implementation experience with Adobe Analytics
- Experience in delivering tracking solutions leveraging the likes of Adobe and Tealium
- Hands-on experience writing technical specifications for data layer and working with developers throughout the implementation
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with implementing analytics tags through a TMS (Tealium IQ / Google Tag Manager and/or Adobe Launch)
- Experience on leveraging the usage of digital marketing platforms (E.g. Facebook, Bing, Criteo)
- Computer science related degree
- Experience with Tealium IQ, Tealium AudienceStream and Tealium EventStream
- Some level of experience with SQL and visualisation tools
- Experience with R or Python (Pandas, etc)
- Agency/in-house analytics team working with marketing within retail preferably
- Experience with first-party data and cookie less world strategies
- Experience with data architecture/tech overall
Please complete the form to apply.