Design Team Lead
Design Team Lead
TestGorilla are a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions, faster and bias-free. Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way. As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Designer who’s passionate about visual design, marketing and creativity as well as helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Help shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
As our first Design Team Lead, you will be a formative part of the early design team as well as an essential part of the leadership of the Marketing department. You will recruit, train, grow and drive the design team.
You will be directly involved in all design initiatives and ensure the quality and standard of all of TestGorilla’s communication materials and visual assets: beautiful images and visuals that accompany our blog posts, advertising campaigns, email communications, newsletters, and so much more. You will report directly to the Head of Marketing and collaborate across all departments.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Design Team Lead that is looking to embark on an entrepreneurial journey and is ready to put a dent in the universe!
You’ll spend time on the following
- Creating, managing and growing a team of designers
- Implementing and optimizing design workflows between collaborating teams
- Identifying what freelance/agency resources we need to support our internal in-house team, finding that resource and ensuring it delivers to the same high standards as we hold our internal team
- Managing and reviewing the team’s work to ensure high visual quality
- Managing and improving TestGorilla’s brand guidelines from a design perspective
- Getting to know our audience and understanding what blows their socks off, what delights them, and what piques their curiosity enough to come to our website to find out more
- Understanding and reviewing the performance results of your team and sharing this with the broader marketing team
- Being a technical coach for the design team to ensure continuous growth
- Liaising with Product design to ensure consistent use of our Brand throughout all of our communications and on into the Product itself
- Being an integral part of the leadership of the larger Marketing department.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have experience leading a team of in-house designers from brief to pixel-perfect execution, including testing the designs and iterating to improve performance
- You have experience in designing and owning creative projects for tech brands (B2B or B2C), either in-house or in an agency
- You have a strong ability to balance hands-on execution and strategy
- You are a great problem solver, with a flexible, can-do attitude, happy to put your hand to anything
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a portfolio showcasing your previous work with stats around performance (please include link)
- You have a hands-on, collaborative approach to design, where you’re able to detach yourself from your creations and look at them objectively
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of an early-stage startup
Bonus points if …
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Please complete the form to apply.