Account Manager Meetings & Groups / MICE (m/f/d) 1
City: New York
Job Function: Operations
Job Area: Sales
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Date: Apr 5, 2023
HRS AS A COMPANY
HRS is reinventing the way businesses and governments work, stay and pay in today’s dynamic global marketplace. HRS’ advanced platform technology is extending its reach beyond hospitality to meetings, office space management, payment efficiency and crisis recovery.
Beyond cost savings in the global post-pandemic economy, HRS clients gain from an unrivaled focus on essential aspects including safety, security and satisfaction.
HRS is also recognized for its award-winning Green Stay Initiative, technology that helps corporate hotel programs achieve their NetZero targets, and its groundbreaking Crew & Passengers Solution, which leverages automation to elevate experiences for air and rail operations.
Founded in 1972, HRS works with 35 percent of the global Fortune 500, as well as the world’s leading hotel chains, regional hospitality groups and payment providers.
In HRS WORK we support global fortune 500 companies to get ready for the new work and meet reality. From finding and booking the best work-spaces around the globe to organizing meetings in a simple way. With our end to end solution we manage company’s meetings and remote work-spaces. From procurement to booking, to payment and expense management, we connect it all. Using our platform, you can access the widest choice of spaces and hotel venues globally identifying the most suitable one. Your mission will be leading global customer meeting & groups programs for our strategic accounts and turn our customers' trust in customers' success.
We are looking for a New York based Account Manager MICE (m/f/d), being responsible to support event planners and meeting & groups bookers in sourcing, booking, planning and paying for their meeting and group projects. Elevate the booking experience and drive customer satisfaction towards bookers and planners. Acting as industry expert in consulting the bookers as well as supporting them to self-service using HRS technology. The position is reporting directly to the Head of Meeting & Groups Operations.
- Review meeting and group requests
- Support event planners and bookers by phone or email in sourcing, planning, booking and paying for groups, meetings and events making use of HRS technology
- Providing excellent advice with regards to their meeting & groups requirements
- Ensure outstanding booking experiences for planners and bookers
- Negotiate rates and conditions with hotels to exceed the customer expectations and present best competitive offers
- Achieve appropriate benchmarking metrics as per client or company requirement
- May participate in program re-negotiations or cancellation negotiations, as required
- Ability to build customer relationships through mutual trust, respect and understanding also in order to proactively identify further business opportunities for HRS Meetings, Groups and Event Service
- Drive event planners to raise the online adoption and self-service use of the meeting & groups service, educating and supporting their change management process
FOR THIS EXCITING MISSION YOU ARE EQUIPPED WITH…
- Commercial Education
- Experience in the meeting & groups, conferences and/or booking departments within hospitality industry
- Good knowledge of the hotel industry and meeting & groups standards
- Ability to communicate effectively and professional with all levels of management and clients and to maintain lasting relations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in both ways: Understanding "pain and gain" of the customer and presenting best possible solutions
- You enjoy high performance and fast changing environments
- You possess a high degree of self-motivation, pro-activeness, forward thinking and assertiveness
- Empathy, authenticity, integrity, commitment, resilience, respect and tact in dealing with employees, business partners and other stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- Location NY area as a must
Access to a global network of a globally united and mutually responsible “Tribe of Intrapreneurs” that is passionately dedicated to renew the transportation industry and change the world of Meeting & Groups. You will gain deep knowledge of the entire value proposition of HRS Meeting & Groups and can act as your own entrepreneur within the HRS organization. Our entrepreneurial driven environment of full ownership and execution focus offers you the playground to contribute to a greater mission, while growing personally and professionally throughout this unique journey. You will continuously learn from a radical culture of retrospectives and continuous improvement and actively contribute to making business life better, smarter and more sustainable.
LOCATION, MOBILITY, INCENTIVE
The attractive remuneration is in line with the market and, in addition to a fixed monthly salary, all necessary work equipment and mobility, will also include an annual or multi-year bonus.
Please complete the form to apply.